Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Desk Has Been Hijacked

That's right....when your desk is the only one that's got space left on it, it attracts other people. My wife has 2 5 foot tables in the craft fly tying room, and since they were all covered in her stuff, she used my desk. Sure, I was a bit upset, but I was there to monitor her use, and to make sure it didn't get out of control. I have to walk a fine line because I have a few sewing projects lined up for her (some fishing related) so I don't want to get on her sewing bad side.

Sew wrong
And then this morning, my 18 month old son found his way onto my chair and started to blow on my unfinished poppers. Yes, these flies are hot!

Caution: Contents are HOT!!!
Thankfully with the new setup tying flies can be done one or two at a time. The vises are quickly accessible, but away from the little guy. Materials will soon be added to the wall for easy grabbing. And with a clean (for now) space, it's easy to sit down and not be overwhelmed by a mess that should be cleaned.

I even got some time to tie last night. Nothing great, and I didn't even photograph it for proof...so you're going to have to believe me.

No comments: