Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Ross Aquired by 3M


I got the following announcement in my email today:
The Ross family is pleased to announce that Ross Reels USA / Ross Worldwide Outdoors has been acquired by 3M. We are excited to be joining an organization that embodies the same spirit of innovation that has driven product development since our start in 1973. Please know that 3M acquired us for who and what we are. There are no plans or intentions to change us other than to bringing in 3M technology and innovation to enhance our products as we move forward. We are excited about the future and we look forward to sharing a number of new product announcements with you in the coming months!
Sure, we've all seen the name 3M all our lives, and know they are big, but when push came to shove, I couldn't think of an actual product they make. So, I went to the junk drawer in the house and looked at some glue (nope, that's Elmers), couldn't find any tape, and the pencils are all cheapos with no name. So off to Google I went to do a search. What I found amazed me....as I thought how it could help out in the end.

Sure, it starts with 3M aquiring a reel company, but think of what this really means.

You could have a reel that has pop up post it notes. These would be right on hand should the wife call and tell you to pick up diapers and donuts on the way home....or for writing down important things like "buy more larva lace and hackle!"


Better yet, what about a reel that dispenses Steri-Strips for when your fishing buddy decides lodging his size 2 hook into your face is better than lodging it in a tree.

Don't do an image search for these...trust me.

I think with 3M's wide variety of products there is a huge potential for new products being brought to fishing!

No comments: