Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Legged Gurgler

I had this idea to thread some rubber legs through some foam. So last night I tied up this legged gurgler variant.



Of course, there are some variations to the original gurgler pattern, but that's what tying's all about.  When tying this, I did use supper glue at both points where the foam is wrapped. Fishing this pattern this summer I found that the foam likes to rotate around the hook. Hopefully the super glue will help keep it in place....hopefully.

The rubber legs did exactly what I expected....pointed straight down. I want to figure out a way to get them to stick out to the side a bit more. But, for now, having tried this idea out, it's got the brain working on other ideas! 

Here's a cool step by step of how to tie a more traditional gurgler.

http://www.danblanton.com/hotflyLeeGurglerinst.html