Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fly Tying Symposium: Utica NY

First - Thanks to everyone who attended Guys, Flies & Pies last Saturday! It was a great turn out and I had a great time. I'll be putting together some pictures soon for a post, so keep an eye out for it.

Second - Now let's turn our excitement towards the Fly Tying Symposium in Utica NY next month. I've told you before about it, and maybe you listened, but I have quite a few children of my own, so I'm not use to people listening the first time I talk. So, in case you missed it the first time around, he we go.

To keep you interested long enough to get to the details, I'll offer up this free link (one free link per customer please.) http://www.jprossflyrods.com/staff/ffaa




Here's what it is, but go to their website to see more details. I went last year a room full of vendors (fly fishing, boats, tying, etc), a room full of demonstration tiers, and a table set up for kids to tie. It's been said that in the few short years of this event, over a hundred kids have learned to tie!

Seth, he learned from the best! (I might be biased)


My wife and I'll be there tying, as well at least a few other guys/gals from GFP last week.  In total there will be over 25 tiers. In addition, there will be various presentations.

I'll give you a minute to pull out calendar....................ok, now mark this down!

Date: March 19th
Location: Hotel Utica, Utica NY (The Hotel is located just off Genesee Street)
Time: 9am - 4pm
Cost: FREE

I hope to see you there!

No comments: