Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Bass of 2011

My 8 year old son and I got out fishing today. The wind was much stronger than I would have preferred. We started off at a place I call Twin Rock. In past years this pond has offered up many bass and a bluegill that is massive. With the wind today casting was challenging with my 5 weight.

After working one spot for a few minutes with no luck, we headed down the shoreline. My son climbed up on one of the twin rocks and tried his best before giving up to throw rocks. I kept casting into the wind. It eventualy paid off. I caught a massive bass that almost made my rod bend.

Posting this from my phone for the first time, and the photo won't post. I'll try to post it later.

1 comment:

Dustin's Fly Box said...

congrats!!!! Waiting for my first fish of the year. It does not help when you don't out