Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

This Is Not Spring!

Back in late March when the news started reporting that it was spring, I didn't buy into it. Sure, technically it was spring, but in my mind it isn't spring until at least April. So, mentally I prepared myself not to believe the hype about spring in March, and to wait it out until April. But, now that it's April 21st I'm starting to think it's never going to show up here in NY.

Sure, we had a few days that went above 50....60....and one day I think went to 70, but those were single days, and not a long stretch. We had fake spring like days before during the official winter. I'm getting darn close to giving up on spring. Seriously, I cut it some slack in March, knowing it was too much to expect out of nature, but now it's time to live up to the hype.

I'm seeing photos online of our southern friends hitting the water in great looking conditions. This week great conditions would simply consist of NO WIND!

Is it really too much to ask for a consistent run of 60 degree days? I'm not being pushy and asking Mother Nature for 70's, I'd just like 60's CONSISTANTLY to start with. I'll even give up the night, an let the temps dip into the mid 40's, but daytime highs of 60's.....oh, and some sun...would be nice!

I've got poppers to fish and bluegill to harass. See, I'm even being nice and realizing it's too early to expect much from the bass!

Is it too much to ask for weather that brings up fish like this?

18 inches of bass from July 2010

1 comment:

Dustin's Fly Box said...

thanks for posting your version of the bobbin whirler on my post. I really liked it