This photo shows what my original $50 investment got me. 1 D60 can of compressed air, one grip, and 4 markers.
Disclaimer: Many reviews of similar ideas done to other canned products online shows that this might be dangerous, so I'm telling you here to not do this at home, school, church, or the river.....do this at your friends home!
My wife and I thought it would likely be possible to fill the can with a bike pump. First I had to get a valve into the can so I could have a hole into the can.
I decided the cut the valve out of an old soccer ball and use that in my can. Using a razor blade I cut the piece out around the valve, then cut the valve out of the air bladder.
|Cut the piece first|
|The valve before it was completely removed.|
|Trimmed up the edges.|
|The can's hole and soccer air valve|
I decided to wash out the inside of the can to remove any dust or metal filings from the drilling. I heard that water inside the can might cause rust so I dried it out in the sun and used a hair dryer. However, moisture in the air that I plan to put inside the can might cause rust in the end anyway. We'll see.
After it was cleaned I roughed up the can and valve with sandpaper and used JB Weld to seal it shut.
|Ready to mix the two parts|
|Applied some to the inside of the valve|
|Applied some to the can|
|The squeeze out|
|Cleaned up the squeeze out|
|Bike pump and refillable can|
I inserted the inflation needle to test it. Removed it and put it inside a laundry basket.
|Inserting the inflation needle|
|Laundry basket testing safety system. Patent Pending.|
|1 pump = 20psi|
|My first proof that it worked!!!|
|2 pumps = 40psi|
|Some of my kids initials for the test|
|Putting the kid to work!|
|My first bike pump popper|
|I see frogs in my future|
Next up, eyes, epoxy, feathers and legs!